Consumer alert : Mondelez India Foods – Cadbury Chocolate eaten by insects

Food Business Operator : Mondelez India Foods 

Place : Gautam BuddhaNagar, UP

Product : Cadbury Bournville Rich Cocoa

Issue : Chocolate eaten by insects, Foul smell

Consumer complaint as posted by Ankit Gupta on Sept 15 in Indian Consumer Complaints Forum

Hi, 

i bought Cadbury Bournville Rich Cocoa (45 INR) CODE: 170217C ; PKD: 02/17 on 15th sept 2017 from agarwal provision store, Amrapali Zodiac, Sec -120 noida. 

Chocolate was eaten by insect(pic for reference along with all details) and it was smelling like a rotten egg. 

it was terrible to even hold in your hand.

Ankit 
ankitgupta776@gmail.com

chocolate was eaten by insectchocolate was eaten by insectchocolate was eaten by insect

Complaint Status

[Sep 16, 2017] Mondelez India Foods / Cadbury India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
PESPRO Comments 
It may be due to faulty storage practices followed by the manufacturer or retailer. File a complaint with your area District Designated Officer (Food Safety) for regulatory action against the Food Business Operators.
Advertisements

Dominos Pizza – Bugs in Oregano Seasoning Pack

Dead scorpion found in idli

KURNOOL:
A dead scorpion was found in a plate of idli purchased from a roadside eatery at Shareen Nagar in Kurnool town of Andhra Pradesh Sunday morning.
M Ramudu, who runs a chicken and mutton stall in Shareen Nagar, purchased a plate of idli for his two-year-old daughter. While the child was eating the idli, he noticed the dead scorpion in it and immediately took it away from the kid.
As the little girl had already consumed one idli, Ramudu was worried and rushed her to hospital. Doctors at the hospital said checked here and said there was nothing to worry about and the girl was alright. Though relieved that his daughter was safe, the furious Ramudu stormed into the hotel along with locals and got into an argument with the hotel owner.
Ramudu decided to lodge a complaint with food safety authorities against the hotel owner for his neglect.

Lizard found in Vada

Lizard that was found in a vada in a hotel in Thoothukudi recently
Madurai: 
The incident happened on Saturday night when one of the customers while eating a vada in the hotel, situated near Thoothukudi South Police station, found a lizard in it. Immediately, he raised the issue with the hotel management. The authorities immediately apologised to the customer.
The customer warned them that such carelessness can also cause death. Following that there was a minor tension at the hotel and vadas were not supplied to customers that night.
However, the issue was brought to the notice of the officials attached to FSSAI and a team headed by Thanga Vignesh, designated officer, FSSAI Thoothukudi district, carried out an inspection at the hotel. The officials found many irregularities during the inspection at the food outlet. 
Speaking to DTNEXT, Thanga Vignesh said that while his team was carrying out inspection, the owner of the hotel accepted his mistake and said it a totally unexpected incident. “Never has such a thing happened before in our hotel,” said the owner. 
However, the officials completed the inspection and seized the flour that was used to make the vadas. They sent it as a sample for further tests in the lab. 
The FSSAI team also detected more lapses in the hygiene in the kitchen. The owner was directed to maintain better hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen. According to the powers vested on them they had served a legal notice. Further action will be initiated against the hotel and the owner based on the results of the lab test, said Thanga Vignesh.

Man served mutton pulao with live bug

TN : Dengue cases cross 7000 mark

Insect in food , Students lodge protest

Ludhiana:

Students of the Vocational Rehabilitation Training Centre (Regd) for Blind (VRTC) protested and blocked the Hambran Road after they spotted insects in their food. The VRTC is located at the Haibowal Road. It is one of the 20 centers established by the Government of India with more than 125 inmates.

Key amenities were either found missing or appeared in a shambles. Dilapidated conditions of the store house weren’t a pleasant sight either.

However, the authoirities turned a blind eye to this menace though councillor Maharaj Singh Raji and Simranjeet Singh Cheema who volunteer from Lok Insaaf Party (LIP) from the Bains Brother reached the spot of protest.

Students said that there are no filters installed and the water is stale and at times they feel like vomitting. There is no proper maintenance of the food in the kitchen. At times they are forced to eat uncooked food and on some occasions they go to sleep with an empty stomach.

 

“Once I found a worm in my rice and I screamed saying it was not fit to have but the teachers scolded me and said it was zeera and not worm,” added a student on condition of anonymity.

 

Another student complained of the same saying that despite unhealthy food being served, they are forced to eat it.

 

Director Sara Johnson told TOI, “I have been running this centre for the past 21years and we only receive limited funds from the centre government. No other grant is given to us and we raise funds on our own. We have raised the issue with the concerned authorities.”