Food poisoning in Noon Meal Centre – 27 students fall ill in Tiruvallur

A total of 27 students of a government-aided school in Tiruvallur district were admitted to the Government Children’s Hospital in Egmore when they fell ill after consuming noon-meal provided by the school on Monday.

They had consumed vegetable rice and eggs in the afternoon and, soon after, all of them fell ill.

“They were rushed to a private hospital and from there to the Government Children’s Hospital in Egmore. On Tuesday, 25 of them were discharged. Two of them are undergoing treatment,” said a government official. Two staff members have been suspended.

Advertisements

Currency contamination

AP – Food poisoning – 153 fall sick after consuming Panakam during Srirama Navani celebrations

VIJAYAWADA:
As many as 153 persons fell sick with food poisoning after drinking ‘panakam’ (a traditional drink made with jaggery and black pepper powder on the occasion of Srirama Navami festival) at A Konduru in Krishna district. Those who participated in Srirama Navami celebrations at Adda Road and consumed panakam fell sick with the symptoms of diarrhea.
All the victims were from Chaitanya Nagar Thanda and Mantriya Thanda two small habitations located on either side of the road under A Konduru village. The population of the two villages is about 500 of which 39 people were severely affected and rest of them also developed symptoms of diarrhea. The villagers participated in the festival celebrations on Monday evening and had pulihora and panakam distributed as prasadam. 
People started falling sick with vomiting, diarrhea and fever over the night and by the morning the number went on increasing in both the habitations. The revenue officials swung into action immediately and shifted them to Tiruvru and Mylavaram government hospitals.
The officials took preventive measures by conducting door to door survey in the two habitations and shifted everyone even with little symptoms to hospitals. A Konduru tahasildar M Suresh Kumar and health officer M Anusha visited every home to make sure that no one was left behind.
Speaking to TOI, Suresh Kumar said, “primarily it appears that the diarrhea was because of food poisoning which took place in panakam. We have noticed that the panakam was mixed in the fertilizer cans. We suspect that the cans might have not been properly cleaned and people fell sick because of chemical contamination. However, the food safety officials have collected samples and a detailed analysis is being done.”
Krishna district collector B Lakshmikantam visited the villages and oversaw the measures being taken by the officials. A medical camp was set-up in the villages. Vijayawada MP Kesineni Srinivas and Tiruvuru MLA Rakshana Nidhi also enquired about the incident.
 
 

4 fall sick after ‘eating prasad’

GURUGRAM: Four persons fell sick allegedly after eating prasad at a temple in Gurugram late on Sunday evening. They were rushed to Civil Lines hospital, where doctors suspected that they might have had laddoos laced with sedatives or narcotic substance.
A preliminary probe revealed that Sumitra (70), Manju (45), Hitesh (38) and Rashmi (35), all of the same family from Shyamnagar in Hapur (UP), had gone to offer prayers on the occasion of Ram Navami and ate laddoos offered as prasad at the temple. A close family friend, who had also gone to the temple, said the four complained of sickness soon after and were rushed to the general hospital around midnight.
“We kept them under observation for a few hours and then referred them to the Safdarjung hospital for toxicology tests,” said Pradeep Sharma, the principal medical officer at the general hospital.
Police said the four persons were out of danger now. No FIR has been filed in the case.

Food Poisoning After Eating Dominos’Pizza

Food Business Operator : Domino ‘s Pizza 

Place : Gajuwaka Store, Vishakapatnam

Issue : Food poisoning after eating Pizza

Consumer complaint as posted by Napster Ace on March 13th in Indian Consumer Complaints Forum

Yesterday we had dominos pizza at gajuwaka store in Visakhapatnam. Since then an acidity levels rose and it also caused food poisoning. I strongly urge to keep things fresh. Please do not feed if things are out of stock. There were only few items available. The basis of the complaint is poor quality. The reputation of the store was good but sometimes the unavailability of fresh stock might also hamper the ability to handle demand. Kindly look into the issue. Resolve peacefully and ensure this does not repeat again. As a regular customer of Dominos I hate to say this caused the food poisoning to my family.
 

Girl dies after samosa eating contest

A 14-year-old girl died after she participated in a samosa eating competition with her friends at Neelankarai.

The girl was a class X student in a private school. Her father owns a hotel. Police said her family claimed that after swallowing samosas, she had aerated drinks and fainted. She was rushed to a private hospital but was declared brought dead by the doctors. The Neelankarai police registered a case of unnatural death. Investigation is under way. Police are looking into a suicide angle also. Two days ago, another girl from the same school had committed suicide by hanging at her residence due to personal issues, police said.

Food poisoning in Mid Day Meals Centre – 120 children hospitalised

Nearly 120 children were taken ill after eating a meal at a school and admitted to a hospital here in Thiruvananthapuram. The children were from a lower primary school at Thonnakel in the district.

Though the condition of the none of the affected children was serious, they would be discharged only after monitoring their health condition, a release from the Medical College Hospital said today.

Parents rushed their children to local hospitals initially as they complained of uneasiness after they had noon meal served in school on Wednesday. Later they were admitted to the hospital.

Samples of the food the students had were being sent for examination.