Tension gripped Nukkanahalli village in Kolar taluk after around 50 people took ill owing to suspected food poisoning at a marriage reception on Monday night.
Some of the people, who attended the marriage reception and consumed meals on Monday night in the village, started vomiting and experienced stomach pain after returning home. They initially took treatment from local hospitals.
Later, a team of doctors and other Health Department staff led by , rushed to the village. They set up a camp at the government school in the village and treated the patients. Some were treated at Sri Narasimha Raja District Hospital and discharged. “It was a case of mild food poisoning and there is no need to panic,” the DHO told The Hindu. said. The condition of the victims is is stable, the DHO added . An ambulance has been stationed in the village. Also, food samples have been sent to the laboratory concerned for tests, he said.