They had taken the drinks on Saturday and complained of vomiting and pain in abdomen. When their condition turned serious, they were admitted to a local hospital on Sunday and Monday. Some of them even took home remedy without coming to hospitals.
Dhenkanal chief district medical officer Bidyutlata Mishra said it was a case of food poisoning. “We got information regarding food poisoning of around 100 people. We sent a medical team led by additional district medical officer to the village to take stock of the situation. Now the situation is under control,” she added.