Tumakuru food poisoning tragedy – Lab confirms food laced with Aluminium Phosphide

Image result for sambhar

TUMAKURU:

More than three weeks after four people, including three children, died after eating food served in the hostel of Sri Vidhyavaridhi International School, Huliyaru, in Tumakuru district, forensic sciences laboratory (FSL) confirmed that the food was laced with aluminium phosphide, a toxic substance used in pesticides, police sources said.

Image result for aluminium phosphide

FSL submitted its report to Tumakuru police on Friday. Aluminium phospide is used to tackle pests that attack coconut palms. The sambar that served as part of the meal was laced with the pesticide, while the rice showed no signs of the poison, the FSL report said.

Image result for aluminium phosphide

The incident that occurred in early March claimed the life of a security guard and three children. Tumakuru police have interrogated a former principal among others in connection with the tragedy.

Image result for aluminium phosphide

 
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s