MUMBAI: Thirty primary school students of a zilla parishad school in Dahanu taluka of Palghar district complained of food poisoning after consuming breakfast in the hostel on Thursday morning. Five students are under observation.
The class one to four tribal students of the school in Shilonda village, Dahanu, reside in the private Dnyanmata hostel in the vicinity. On Thursday morning the students had breakfast supplied free of cost by the Holy Cross Convent Premanjali organization.
While they were getting ready for school after breakfast, four to five students complained of vomiting and giddiness. They were given medicines and asked to stay back.
The rest went to school and later began vomiting and feeling uneasy. All the students were taken to the Dayanand hospital in Talasari by Thursday evening.
On Friday district health and education officers visited the hospital. Doctors said that five students had been affected with severe food poisoning and are under observation. The remaining students have also been kept in the hospital for 24 hours. They are out of danger.