Food Poisoning News – India updates – Dec – 5-2016

3 kids die of food poisoning , parents critical

VISAKHAPATNAM: Three brothers died while their parents were hospitalised with severe symptoms of food poisoning at Baliaguda tribal hamlet under Dumbriguda mandal in Visakhapatnam Agency late on Saturday night. The incident came to light on Sunday after neighbours alerted the police.

A medical camp has been set up in the tribal belt to ensure that no new cases of food poisoning occur. The bodies were sent for post-mortem examination to find out the cause of the death.

The victims were identified as P Satti Babu, 7, P Sekhar, 4, and P Simhadri, 3. While two boys died at home, another succumbed while undergoing treatment in hospital at Araku.

Visakhapatnam district medical and health officer J Sarojini said the children had died due to food poisoning. The boys vomited and complained of acute pain in the abdomen.

Three arrested in food poisoning case

Nagpur: Three persons, identified as Nirpalsingh Pal (32), Amit Shiv Singh (20) and another minor, have been rounded up by Hudkeshwar police on Saturday for their alleged negligence that led to food poisoning of around 27 women inmates of Deendayal Upadhyay Gramin Kaushalya Yojana Sanstha Hostel on Besa Road on Friday. Nirpalsingh and Amit have been sent to two days police custody by the court on Saturday while the minor was referred to a remand home.

Nirpalsingh worked as cook for both men’s and women’s hostel for the organization which conducts courses of skill development under the central government scheme. Amit and the minor assisted Nirpalsingh. The contractor, identified as Bhanupratap Singh, stays at Gwalior and left management of the kitchen to the cook and his attendants.

The women inmates were the first to have the dinner at 7pm. It was the regular rice, dal, chapati and a vegetable curry that the inmates were offered on the menu. Shortly after the meal started, the women started complaining of uneasiness followed by vomiting. As several inmates started vomiting, they were rushed to Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH). Though around 31 were admitted, 27 had been affected. The affected inmates were hospitalized for keeping them under observation. Some inmates have been already discharged. The male inmates, who come to the dining hall later, were saved.

An offence was registered at Hudkeshwar police station, following complaint of the hostel management, under sections 328 and 337 of IPC, for causing injuries by delivering poisonous food material. The cops are now gearing up to send the food materials for testing at laboratory to ascertain the cause of food poisoning.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s