Class 12 boys dies in Chennai after eating fried snacks

CHENNAI: The sudden death of a Class 12 student late on Tuesday sent shock waves among people across the city.

According to the family and close friends, Sirish Savio, a student of St Michael’s Academy in Adyar, complained of uneasiness on Tuesday after he had a brand of corn puffs at home. He was given an antacid powder mixed with water. He began throwing up and was rushed to Fortis Malar Hospital nearby, where he was declared brought dead.  

Initially, the hospital’s spokesman said the boy could have been allergic to the antacid and the case required to be investigated legally. However, later, the hospital refused to divulge details as the family had requested it to maintain confidentiality. Police said they received no intimation or complaint about an unnatural death from the family or the hospital.

 “A postmortem is done on an inquest from police (in medico-legal cases). If a medical cause should be ascertained a doctor makes a request. Only if the cause of death is known, will parents be allowed to take the body home,” said a police officer death can be registered only after a doctor certifies it with the causes.”We don’t get complaints if it is a natural death,” he said.

As the news spread, the school declared a holiday. Several parents, teachers and friends expressed condolence on social media.

Sirish’s friends and classmates, who visited the family, said he was an active lad and his death was a shock.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s