Food poisoning: Over 140 take ill in Amreli
RAJKOT: Over 140 persons suffered food poisoning in two separate incidents in Amreli and Morbi districts after having dinner at marriage a function.
Over 70 persons were hospitalised after they ate dinner at a wedding in Jarakhiya village near Lathi town of Amreli district. According to police more people are being admitted to hospitals in Lathi, Babra, Liliya and Chavan towns. At least eight ambulances were rushed to the village after people there started complaining of stomach ache and nausea. The number of people being admitted is likely to rise.
In another similar incident, over 70 persons were hospitalised in Vankaner town of Morbi district after they had dinner at a marriage function in Market Chowk area. After eating dinner people started vomiting and complained of stomach ache and nausia. Following this they were admitted to different hospitals.
Food poisoning claims life of a 2-yr-old in Morbi
Rajkot: A two-year-old girl died of food poisoning in Morbi town on Saturday afternoon. Two of her cousins had also suffered food poisoning and were admitted to Morbi civil hospital for treatment.
According to police, the deceased Babuli and her cousins Ghanshyam Alada (9) and Mangal Alada (7) had cooked rice for lunch at their house on Pipli village road in Morbi. After nearly two hours, all of them started vomiting. They were rushed to the nearest health centre from where they were referred to civil hospital.