Leech in curd packet – Father, daughter fall ill consuming curd

A man and his daughter were admitted to the government hospital in Chromepet on Friday after consuming curd purchased from a grocery shop nearby. Moses (45), a resident of Mumoorthi Nagar and his daughter Jenifer (18), purchased a curd packet from a shop near their house.

When they started consuming it, they found a black-coloured object in the curd that was later found to be a leech. Both of them developed nausea and dehydration after some time and were rushed to the hospital. They are recuperating after treatment by the doctors and likely to be discharged soon.
When he approached the Chromepet police, they refused to take action and suggested that the case may be referred to the food safety officer at Pallavaram Municipality. A complaint has been filed and an investigation is under progress, municipal officials said.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s